Author Topic: Help with bits  (Read 16242 times)

Offline drew

• Administrator
  • If'n it ain't broke yet, just give me a minute.
    • View Profile
Help with bits
« on: February 16, 2023, 11:58:04 AM »
I've long been a supporter of Amana almost exclusively.  ...and for one reason- their advertised dimensions matched the product.

until recently. 

i worked through a shelix geo down cut three flute and replaced it- same part number and the diameter is smaller... the difference between .46 and .5... same with a chip blaster.  but more concerning is replacing bits i use all the time.. i do it in pairs, usually, so i have a spare if i need one between ordering and receiving.  we're talking 1/8" oflutes, 1/4" oflutes, 1/8" and 1/4" DC and UC endmills, and 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 compressions bits most often... at this point, though, this should include the few v-bits that i use (mostly for chamfering runs)...

every amana i bought over the last month has broken- the same speeds and feeds as the previous bit with the same part number- no hesitation, just snapped... i wrote amana and they don't seem to care about it at all- so- i don't care about the brand loyalty anymore either..

bitsbitscompany - help!  anyone else with advice or specific brand please pipe in!

Offline SBL Designs

Re: Help with bits
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 06:17:25 AM »
I have been using Onsrud for years with no problems.